Friday, November 14, 2008

Log Cabin Quilt top Done!

I finished the Log Cabin quilt top this week! I'm just waiting for a nicer day to lay out the backing, batting and top to roll up to tie (I need to do it outside). It is a queen sized quilt 82x96 inches and primarily made of stash. I swapped for many of these fabrics using stash in a 10 inch square fabric swap (green, gold, brick red and beige). Pieces were cut using Shar Jorgenson's (Quilting from the Heartland) Log cabin templates. Alas, this project did not use a lot of stash, but I had plenty for all the blocks. However, log cabins generally are great stash users especially if you have enough fabric of each type to do long strips.

Fabric Used:
8 yards for the blocks (stash)
1.5 yards black sashing (new)
3.5 yards border and binding (new)
7.5 yards flannel backing (new)

Log Cabin Quilt

No comments: